Tuesday 15 January 2013

Windows II


    After a busy December I got to spend a little time on the boat.  I wonder how much I'm going to vacillate about the windows.  Just that fear of making big holes/adding weight/making the whole thing ugly.  I've kind of gotten used to the windowless look too.  I rather liked what Matt did with his elusion and tried to mock up some windows to see how it would look.  Going purely for esthetics I couldn't help but wonder about the blind spots in the rear quarters.  Because the windows won't be black I expect them to look smaller/less dominant than what is shown here.

This is my first run at a prototype window for the side.  Should have tried it a little farther back.


It almost looks too big but keep in mind the 2 cm overlap where the windows will screw into the frame  The actual window will be quite small.

I could live with something close.

I hope I won't need side mirrors.


My plan right now is to add some vent stacks like the ones on Elusion as painted in here.  This provides some flexibility by being able to add a canister dorade box, mosquito screens, sealed cap, small fan or wind scoop as needed. Looks kind of salty too.  I'm amazed how short the bow section looks from this perspective compared to the first pictures.




1 comment:

  1. On the front window size, remember you have to bring 2 lines into the cabin, so you need to leave space in the plywood for them to enter. I don't know if you are planning to bring the lines at the bottom or at the top of the window; that may affect your front window placement.

    ReplyDelete